FI EN DE

Inari Sámi Church

The Lutheran Sámi Church located in the heart of the Inari village was completed in 1951 using plans issued by the Construction Board in place of the former church that was destroyed during the war in 1940. The altarpiece painted by Väinö Saikko (1938) depicts the revelation of Christ to a hiking Sámi family.